A Year Of Happy: A Letter to Myself

15 January 2015


This year I've decided to participate in something pretty awesome! My lovely friends over at Allison Leighann  and October June decided to create a wonderful tag for the year, called A Year Of Happy, where every month on the 15th you're given a task to complete - which just inspires joy and happiness throughout the year. It's ever so thoughtful and optimistic, that I just had to participate! This month's task is to ...

" Write a love letter to yourself. Write all the reasons you're awesome, write down your hopes and dreams for the year ahead, any resolutions, heck, write what you had for  lunch. Share why you're grateful for 2014 and what you want to achieve in 2015. Share whatever you want - it's your letter."
So without further ado, here is my letter to myself. I hope you enjoy!

* * *
Dear me,

How you doin'? Friends reference seemed so appropriate for this moment haha. I'm currently sitting down with my hot chocolate on this very cold winter's day, praying that summer weather won't be too far along the way. Though with all the weather warnings we've been receiving about snow, that is so highly unlikely. But who wouldn't mind one snow day. It has been almost two years since England has seen one!

Now I'm not usually one to name things I admire about myself - as you may already know -, but since it's called for  - why not give it ago? Here goes ... I love the way you come up with ideas just before you fall asleep, and debate weather you sound nod off to snoozeville, or grab a pen to write down all your precious thoughts. I love your curly untammed dark brown - almost looks like its black - hair, and the way it changes colour in sunlight. I love the fact that you can entertain yourself hours on end doing the most meaningful and sometimes pointless things of all. I mean seriously, who needs master the art of ombre nail designs at two o'clock in the morning? Your creativity is absolutely amazing, and fills your life with so much passion and soul. And lastly, one of my favourite things about you is that you are friendly, approachable and talkative. Because of that attitude and talent, you've been able to speak to so many wonderful people and learnt so much about them and the world around you. Every conversation expands your mind to something new, and keeps you open minded to the world around you, and new ideas that come your way. I hope that's something you can always retain, as you take your next steps in life.  

Last year was one hell of a year. You graduated from university, saw two of your favourite bands play live and got to met some incredible authors too. There were so many things that happened. Too many to mentioned. So you must be thinking how can we even begin to think of topping this year? And I believe that we can and will.

This year, I hope to see you travel more. Maybe start local, going to towns you previously ignored on the map. Then find ourself branching out further to places you've dreamt of visiting for so long. Start putting some of those creative projects you've put on hold back into action. Make the most of being young and living in your 20s. These are the years before you settle down, committing to a particular career path, town or lifestyle. Continue being content with living each moment as it comes - planning ahead but being flexible when things don't go according to plan. My greatest hope for you this year is, that when you look back on 2015 on the end of this year, I hope that you feel accomplished and content. Happy with the decisions you've made, proud of who you've become and the adventures you've experienced along the way. It's a new year, and I'm excited to see where it leads us!

With Love,
A friend.


Now I've had my turn writing my own love letter to myself, I dare you to do the same. Think you can handle it?

Post a Comment