NaNoWriMo 2014: Final Wrap Up

30 November 2014

It's the final week of NaNoWriMo and I survived! I must confess though, I didn't make my original intended work count. But in all honesty, I'm okay with that. I am so much closer to a first draft of my unfinished novel than I was a month ago, and that would not have happened if it wasn't for NaNoWriMo. Along this journey, I've learnt so many incredible things along the way. It only seemed fitting from this last update that I would share the things I learnt from this experience!


  •  No matter how many times you think you can't write anymore, there is always something to put down on paper. Maybe it's a random sentence that you can't find room for just yet in your story. Write it down, and it'll make sense in time.
  • Who says you can't leave pages blank and continue on with the rest of the novel? Writer's block can only ease itself - in small doses. If it isn't working for you, move on and come back later. Give that section a break.
  • It doesn't matter if you can't put your thoughts down perfectly on paper the way you want to, all that matters its down on paper. Ready to be edited.
  • Editing is everything. It will make your raw ingredients sound like perfection. You would never have even known what it came from!

Despite not reaching my intended word count, I couldn't be more happier with the results. I am one step closer to finishing my novel, and two steps closer to Christmas! I may even participate in new year's NaNoWriMo. So until next year, folks!


Fellow NaNoWriMo-ers, tell me your thoughts? How did you find this year's ultimate month of writing? Let's talk!

Post a Comment